Gary Englander has spent his entire career as an attorney, fighting for the rights of his clients inside and outside the courtroom. A well-known Miami homeowners’ property damage lawyer, Gary has gone toe to toe with some of the largest insurance companies and corporations in the nation – and won.
Gary earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Central Florida and went on to earn his Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, from Nova Southeastern University in 2010. After earning his law degree, he joined Conrad & Scherer, where Gary handled litigation related to the multimillion-dollar Scott Rothstein Ponzi scheme. Gary also practiced in the areas of personal injury, labor and employment, professional malpractice, as well as commercial litigation.
After working at Conrad & Scherer, Gary joined Anidjar & Levine, a large personal injury law firm. While there, Gary practiced in all areas of personal injury and handled numerous jury trials.
Gary then moved on to become the head of litigation at the law firm of Thomas & Pearl. It was there where he met Warren Peebles. Gary and Warren established Englander Peebles in 2016.
Gary has a reputation as an aggressive and effective trial attorney. He believes in establishing a relationship of trust with his clients and is not afraid to put in the hard work and effort it takes to pursue the best possible result in every case he touches. Gary finds significant satisfaction in recovering compensation for his clients, even after the insurance company has delayed, denied, or undervalued their claims.
When he is not working, Gary enjoys spending time with his wife Amanda, his daughter Allison, as well as traveling and reading.
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D. summa cum laude (2010)
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Political Science
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Associations & Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association
- Broward County Justice Association
- Fort Lauderdale Evening Rotary Club, Past President
- American Association for Justice
Honors & Awards
- Rising Stars℠ (2018-2019)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Up & Comer (2015)
- AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell® (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- American Institute of Legal Counsel, Top 10 Attorneys (2016)
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 (2016)
- The American Registry, America’s Most Honored Professionals Top 1%
- Top Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury, The American Lawyer (2019)
- CLE on Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Litigation, ProLawCle (2019)