Miami Vandalism Damage Attorneys
Experienced Vandalism & Theft Insurance Claim Help
Coming home to discover that your property has been stolen or vandalized can bring about a mix of emotions. You may feel violated, angry, and confused. You may wonder what steps you can take to recoup your losses.
Your homeowners’ insurance policy may provide coverage for damage caused by vandalism or theft, but it can be difficult to secure a fair payment from your provider. Englander Peebles can help by reviewing your policy, evaluating the terms of coverage, investigating the incident, documenting damage, filing your claim, and negotiating with your insurance carrier to receive a fair and timely settlement. If your insurance provider will not cooperate or denies your claim, we may be able to take your case to court to pursue an award on your behalf. As always, your maximum recovery is our primary goal.
What To Do Following Vandalism of Property
Following vandalism of your property, it is suggested that you:
- Ensure your immediate safety: if you witness vandalism of your home or vehicle, be sure to seek safety first. Your belongings can be repaired or replaced and your safety should be your first priority.
- Contact the police: once the police have been contacted, be sure to file an official police report. If you saw the perpetrators, give the police detailed information about the crime and a description of those you saw at the scene.
- Take photos of the crime scene: photographic evidence can be helpful material to have when filing a vandalism claim. Photos can be used when discussing the case with the police or insurance.
- Contact your insurance company: many homeowners and auto policies cover vandalism but it can still be difficult to secure fair compensation for your losses. If your insurance company denies your claim or you feel they are not providing you the compensation you deserve, call our attorneys for a free case evaluation.
Taking a Closer Look at Theft or Vandalism Damage Claims
An insurance claim for theft or vandalism may involve various factors that can influence its value and whether the damage is covered in the first place. Because we have extensive experience with homeowners’ insurance claims for property damage in the Miami area, our attorneys can carefully analyze your policy to see what’s covered and how to proceed. We will make sure nothing is overlooked and all sources of compensation are considered.
Our team will seek to cover any and all losses, including:
- Damage at the point of entry, often the window or door where the criminal gained access
- Any destruction of property that occurred after the criminal was inside
- Any property that was stolen
For certain types of personal property, such as jewelry or other valuables, your homeowners’ insurance policy may only provide limited coverage. We may need to consider whether you purchased additional endorsements to cover specific items and pursue payment accordingly.
In some cases, the insurance company may deny the claim right away. Even if they provide a justification for the denial, you still should speak with a lawyer who has an intimate understanding of the insurance claim and dispute process. We can help you appeal the denial and pursue just compensation.
Serving Miami & the Surrounding Communities
At Englander Peebles, our seasoned trial lawyers are dedicated to fighting for homeowners’ rights and interests in vandalism claims. These are complex issues, but we never back down from a fight and will put in the time and effort it takes to build the strongest possible claim on each client’s behalf. We know how important it is to rebuild after your property was violated and damaged. We are here to support you.
Contact Englander Peebles today to learn more about your rights and options.
Their timely response to my questions and concerns was impeccable, unlike other places that I've sought for counsel.- Preea T.
Extremely knowledgeable and got the settlement I deserved!- Paulina S.
Very caring towards their clients and very professional!- Darren E.
My experience with this firm was phenomenal from start to finish!- Chris U.
Professional, compassionate and straight forward!- Kim C.